New opportunity from a leading energy multinational to join their newly developed Digital Trading Team based in London.
As a Senior Quant Trader, you will be responsible for supporting development of trading activities in the energy markets, through to development and implementation of algorithmic, systematic and statistical trading strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively develop algorithmic and systematic trading opportunities in the energy markets (gas, power, carbon, oil, coal) through data analysis and interaction with market specialists.
- Hold PnL accountability and demonstrate risk management awareness
- Build own tools to originate and bring-to-market new strategies on the back of statistical analysis
- Work with front office IT specialists in delivering top end tools to create value
- Perform and lead systematic market analyses, develop models to support decision, build back-testing capability to demonstrate value adding strategies
- Develop a close relationship with market specialists (traders/analysts) to create product awareness
- Advise on technological enhancement to the Desk
Skills & Competencies
- Proven track record in delivering automated trading strategies and an interest in their development (High frequency trading experience an advantage)
- Proven Risk management of position and execution
- High degree of IT skills, including knowledge of statistical software, programming skills Python, C#, SQL, R
- Experience in Deltix trading software an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills and a high level of numeracy
- Proven experience with Data mining technics - from simple to sophisticated analytic methods
- Commercial awareness and interest
- Proactive in achieving results and achieving targets - Proven track record of delivering innovative/top-end business ideas
- Willingness to grow a business - entrepreneur mind-set, self-motivated, independent-thinker
- Ability to foster and build strong relationships across teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Commercial or/and risk-taking experiences are required. Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of working with data and creating value through algorithmic and statistical trading
Past experience in the European energy industry an advantage