Our client, a leading integrated energy company, is currently recruiting for a Senior Risk Analyst join the Market Risk Analytics team in Central London.
The Projects & Reporting team provides daily performance and market risk analysis to the Management, Traders and other parts of the business. The team seeks to improve and centralise Risk Management within the business through the implementation of a robust framework and transformative IT projects. Excelling this area could lead to a range of interesting and challenging career options in the trading and shipping business.
The team provides real-time front-line control and management information for management and traders, integrating the daily PNL & risk reporting that is produced to across the business to provide an overarching risk management view. The role also involves driving projects to improve the ETRM systems and the use of the data that is produced through every stage of the trade life cycle.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Leading projects to help improve our performance of all market risk functions including:
- Analysis of positions and understanding of how they fit within the firms risk framework. Positions may be both physical as well as financial;
- VaR calculation and analysis, ensure that the VaR metric is both complete and accurately reflects the risk of the desks
- P&L explains, Analysis of the P&L to help explain it in terms of the greeks as well as by asset including spread assets;
- Stress, Analysis and calculation of stress on an aggregate level as well as specific strategy level ensuring that the figure is accurate and has the support of FO as well as MO
- Lead ongoing projects (IT and other) in market risk team. These projects can be cross asset class and either designed to improve architecture, efficiency or risk metrics. Significant interaction within the market risk team will be necessary
- Interface with IT to develop and manage all reporting activities within the company dedicated ETRM system
- Prepare and review of daily PNL and risk reports and follow up any issues with relevant teams;
- Participate in enhancement and development of in ETRM systems;
- Maintain a good knowledge of risk metrics, be able to understand and discuss with the other risk managers VaR, Stress and greeks so as to be able to assist in commentary and development;
- Develop and maintain strong business relationship with different functions, e.g FO, BO, IT, Planning & Control
- Setting and monitoring adherence to risk limits for the trading desks
- Guarantee compliance for trading procedures with relevant controls and support when necessary internal and external audit requests;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in economics, finance / engineering / numerate discipline;
- Strong IT skills: VBA necessary, SQL, Python or other languages also beneficial.
- Experience of driving change through successful IT projects.
- Knowledge of the market risk/ product control role from trading companies or banks.
- knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis;
- Knowledge of one or more of ETRM systems would be an advantage (Endur, Symphony by Amphora).
- Ability to communicate concisely to senior management in Market Risk and to stakeholders;
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Analytical mind and good numerical skills;
- Proactive and result oriented approach to work;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally;
- Ability to mentor junior members and raise profile of the team;
- Full command of English language (spoken and written).