We are delighted to be working on behalf of an established and successful energy trading business based in Denmark.
Our client is currently in a rapid growth phase and is looking for an ambitious and driven Structured Trader to lead the Structured Trading desk. The job holder will work closely with Quantitative Analyst, Traders and business management to develop the trading capabilities on the desk and deliver value to the organization.
• Lead the build-out of the structured power trading desk taking full PnL and risk responsibility
• Develop new products and strategies in line with the commercial growth ambitions of the organization
• Deliver the best in class return on risk capital by leveraging your knowledge and experience
• Provide market access for non-standard power and cross-commodity products to the other trading desks
• Develop profitable asset-backed trading strategies
• Work closely with senior management to continuously develop new strategies and new value drivers for the business
• Work closely with quants to continuously improve the models
• Support other commercial teams in discussions related to complex trading strategies and portfolio optimization
• Make the difficult trade-offs necessary to ensure timely delivery of key initiatives and prioritize the ones with the highest impact.
• Master’s / PhD or an advanced degree in a highly numerate subject from a top school / university (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, physics etc.)
• Experience in trading power options, cross-commodity structured products etc.
• Experience in asset-backed trading strategies
• Solid track record in delivering stable PnL and best in class return on risk-capital
• Proven ability to prioritize between the short-term demands and long-term strategic needs
• Strong problem solving and analytical ability
• Entrepreneurial approach.