We are looking for a Senior Structured / Option Power Trader to join our client’s Continental Power Trading department. You will be trading Flow & proprietary structured power, long-term power & power option in CWE and adjacent power markets.
Business Area (BA) Markets. Our client offers power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. They provide market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. Our client is responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. They are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around our client´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
Your job as CWE Trader:
- Flow & proprietary structured power, long-term power & power option trading in CWE
- Close cooperation with Origination, Analysis and other trading desks as well as support functions
- Developing and executing structured and long-term (i.e. 10a) deals in cooperation with other desks
- Valuation and pricing of complex deals
- Support in market making power at respective exchanges
- Maintaining effective communication within the organisatio
- Market analysis, both quantitative and fundamental
- Keep track of the latest market developments
- Adhere to and further develop the company’s trading standards and best practices
- Be part of the Continental Power Trading department and contribute to its commercial success as well as to the commercial success of Origination.
Your profile as CWE Power Trader:
- Proven track record of profitable trading with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in power options, structured products and CPPA/PPA management
- Sound risk management experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge about the CWE and adjacent power markets
- Sufficient understanding and experience in the whole energy commodity complex
- Strong and proven analytical skills, especially with respect to structuring and valuation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Decision-making authority and risk taking ability
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); additional languages advantageous
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with willingness to grow a new business
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility