We have an ideal opportunity with a client who is the world's largest oil refining, gas and petrochemical conglomerate.
This Settlement Officer position is ideal if you have experience working in the treasury department of a major bank or commodity house. It is a vital role reporting to the Senior Manager, with a functional reporting line to Head Office in Hong Kong.
With a presence globally, our client is mainly engaged in overseas capital operations and cash management with a focus on the business needs of the group’s overseas subsidiaries.
- Cash management – Reporting flow of cash in and out of the company. Liaising with other finance centres and other sinopec entities accordingly re cash/funding requirements/reporting.
- Collating of all Treasury payments to be made on any given day.
- Checking/Processing of payment instructions – Sending signed instructions to bank either via fax or electronic means. At same time checking that bank instructions are complete, compliant and not compromised.
- Booking/Reconciling of loans/loan positions with house banks – booking of loans/deposits as per Corporate requirements, ensuring that loan rates/maturities are correct.
- Debtors/Creditors reporting to identify where payments have not been made on time/funds have not been received on due date.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries – SWIFT requests, Bank Audit Letters, Returned Payments/Unallocated Receipts, Bank statement reconciliation against in-house systems/payment instructions.
- Advise Treasury Manager of any issues (i.e. loan rates too high/banks not processing payment) with banks so that they can be discussed at next review.
- Capture and maintain banking SSI’s from Counterparties for compliance reasons
- Maintaining Bank Mandates/Signatory lists updated as/when required
- Ensuring data on in house OTS system is accutately and timely input/maintained
- Fulfil any other tasks that the Company may reasonably assign to you from time to time, according to business needs
Skills and experience
- Degree - level education or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Management or related field
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working in a Treasury department
- Experience working in the treasury department of a major bank or commodity house
- Awareness of issues/sanctions regarding the worldwide remittance of funds
- Proven organisational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise work
- Approachable with a demonstrable willingness & flexibility to support the Company as and when required