We have an exciting opportunity with an expanding Energy Trading company for a Settlements Analyst.
Location is commutable from London on the M4 corridor.
This is a new position responsible for the delivery of a range of payment and billing processes associated with the trading activity in the UK Power and Gas markets.
The role provides a great opportunity for an experienced individual in the Energy sector to help develop and operate the daily settlements and reconciliation processes.
Purpose of Role:
- Develop and manage operational processes for the reconciliation of:
- EPEX power trades
- Imbalance payments and balancing mechanism cashflows
- Gas consumption, trades and imbalanceso Network charges
- Ancillary Services
- Own and manage pricing inputs to the trading system
- Settlements of power and gas forward trades
- Internal Reporting
- Work closely with the accounts team to understand accounting requirements, improve processes and deliver timely and accurate information
- Ensure all operational processes and procedures are regularly reviewed, documented and updated
- Monitor and explain P&L movements
- Capture and monitor credit requirements and collateral and margin payments
Skills and Experience:
- Energy sector experience, particularly prompt UK Power and Gas
- Experience of settlement / invoicing processes for energy trades and related products
- Competent and skilled in numerical analysis
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Proactive attitude and ability to self motivate and problem solve
- Good interpersonal skills