This International Trading & Shipping business is looking to hire a Junior Shipping Operator in London
Purpose of Job
- Assisting the Operations Department in maintaining smooth physical and non physical operations for pressurised/refrigerated vessels and barges.
- Dealing with any other claims for shipping or product voyages.
- Ensuring that internal databases are up to date and coordinate information between operators.
- Working with a team of vessels and product operations in assisting day to day vessel operations mainly for the West of Suez /Indian Ocean/Houston from product/vessel nomination till completion of discharge operations.
- Accruing any possible and potential claims that may be incurred by Petredec.
- Ensuring the risk internal database is updated daily with claims and vessel operations.
- Distributing and endorsing of original bills of lading and other shipping documents, together with creating new documents.
- Sending other claims to counterparties such as security, insurance, war risk, additional port charges or shifting, etc.
- Assisting claims PIC in case of any demurrage counters that may require operator's assistance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum requirements: A levels, Professional Certificate in Maritime Academy or Vessel Operations.
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in claims and or operations
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge in shipping trade documents
- Proficient in MS office
- Knowledge of the basics of demurrage calculations/counters and claims
- Must be well versed in the charter party terms and clauses as well as INCO terms
- Well organised, meticulous and detail-oriented
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously