A well known Oil Trading Company in London is currently looking to hire an experienced Clean Tanker Charterer to support their Products Trading business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CPP Charterer / Freight Trader who would like join an established and busy trading environment.
- Accountable for the smooth and timely flow of third party clean petroleum products (CPP) market intelligence to the group
- Develop the chartering strategy with the global shipping team
- Attend weekly trading and team meetings to share shipping market movements/market intelligence
- Constantly communicate with global shipping teams to share the CPP market movements/market intelligence in west of Suez market
- Maintain a daily shipping report that is posted to other regional offices to ensure everyone is updated on London shipping activity.
- Coordinate and liaise with other offices to ensure any and all policies that are implemented are incorporated and adhered to by the London Shipping Department.
- Continually look for and identify attractively priced shipping opportunities
- Build and maintain direct relationships with internal global colleagues and charterer’s brokers with the target of providing unique commercial opportunities.
- Work with business development teams providing shipping intelligence in the execution of new business plans.
- Support and assist other chartering team members during busy periods e.g. covering for spot cargoes.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time
- Minimum of 5+ years CPP chartering experience from either a ship owner background, oil major or trading house, with experience in CPP essential
- Strong networks with ship owners
- Strong knowledge/understanding of marine operations, marine logistic systems, markets and related economics
- Detailed understanding of spot charter counterparty terms, practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and commercial capacity with solid market analysis capability
- Broad understanding of commodity markets and global marine freight business processes required