We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic technical sales person to take on the position of Technical Sales Manager with a leading global speciality chemical and plastics manufacturer. UK based within easy access to the M62 corridor and operating from a home office you will play a key role in the support and expansion of our client's material protection product range for the UK and Ireland markets.
Reporting into the UK Business Unit Manager you will have some knowledge of biocides for industrial applications and /or speciality chemicals. As a primary contact for existing accounts you will be responsible for all day to day sales activities and be proactive to maintain excellent relationships with all key decision makers within your assigned accounts.
Typically you will have some technical sales experience in speciality chemicals, and a detailed appreciation of paints, polymer glue, adhesives etc .
- Account Management and day to day sales activities to achieve agreed sales targets
- Maintain and manage professional, long term relationships with key accounts and Distributors by offering technical support, advice, and guidance on products
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities
- Develop a strong network of contacts within the industry
- By working closely with your contacts ensure the product range is competitive, comprehensive & attractive to market requirements
- Maintain a high level of Market/ Industry Intelligence
- Preparation of new business development plans, sales budgets, and product development application plans
- Work closely with UK an Ireland business and colleagues.
- Provide advice, support, training and coaching to colleagues as required
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- A technical background is essential with a relevant degree in a Scientific [Chemistry, Biology] or Engineering discipline.
- Technical knowledge/sales experience relating to paints, polymer glue, adhesives etc
- Strong communication skills including experience of coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous account management and business development experience in the sector
- Ability to work with a Distributor network
- Ability to explain, direct and guide on complex technical issues
- Excellent planning and tie management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen
- A structured and innovative approach to problem solving.
- A second European language skill would be an advantage
- Good time management and planning skill
- Flexible approach to business travel
- Fully IT literate and experienced in the use of Customer Relationship Management [CRM].
Attractive and competitive base salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package including bonus, private healthcare, car etc .
Biocides, Paint, Adhesives, Polymer Glue, Chemicals, Chemical Manufacturing, Key Accounts, Key Account Management, Material Protection, Protection Products, KAM, Speciality Chemicals, Chemical Additives, Industrial, Industrial Performance Products, B2B, B2B Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Distributors, UK & Ireland, Ireland, UK, Sales, Technical, Technical Sales, North West, M62 Corridor, Manchester, Greater Manchester, Hull, Leeds, West Yorkshire, Merseyside, Liverpool
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.