Are you a senior level Toxicologist ready for a new challenge in the chemicals sector?
Our client whose UK facility is located in the South East is looking to appoint a Toxicology Advisor / Manager to strengthen their global EHS team. Leading a team of 5 you will play a key role in the development and implementation of the strategic toxicology planning to ensure the alignment of global business needs with regulatory obligations.
Reporting to the global Head of EHS you will typically have a Masters or PhD in Toxicology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or similar related field. An in depth technical understanding of the principles and methods of toxicology testing and complex risk assessments is also essential.
This is an exciting opportunity with excellent career progression prospects in which you will have regular interaction with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies around the globe.
- Lead, manage, and develop the toxicology team
- Develop, implement, and lead the long term strategic toxicology plan
- Manage the external toxicology test lab budget leveraging lean tools to improve service delivery and reduce cost
- Review, evaluate, and interpret toxicology test results (mammalian and eco-tox) and communicate results and recommendations to the management team
- Work closely with regulatory agencies on all toxicology matters related to new regulation and product registration
- Collate, review and interpret data from literature, testing, chemical grouping, and modelling to use as a basis for development of SDS toxicity and classification statements
- Monitor and review technical literature and databases for new scientific information on petroleum-based and chemical additive products/materials
- Provide recommendations to management on strategies which could minimise the impacts of the product portfolio
- Interact with industry trade associations, technical workgroups, and scientific/regulatory advocacy committees that address toxicology issues in the sector
- Participate on interdisciplinary business teams in the development of new products
Desirable Skills/Attributes required:
- Demonstrable experience in ecotoxicology and mammalian toxicology
- Chemical or Petrochemical industry experience in a similar role
Essential Skills/Attributes required:
- Strong interpersonal skills to translate complex data into an understandable language to facilitate business decision making
- Good collaborator and relationship builder
- A solid understanding of toxicology testing data interpretation in regulatory environments
- Previous leadership and mentoring experience.
- The ability to work cross business within a matrix organization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic chemistry, and risk assessment & control
- Capable of using your experience and insight to foresee issues and take proactive steps to address them.
- Able to make critical decisions in a scientifically robust manner.
- Flexible approach to business travel, attending seminars, conferences etc
- Collaborative working
Attractive base salary commensurate with experience, full benefits package, relocation assistance if required, and excellent global career progression opportunities.
For full details contact Keeley Robinson at Eleven Recruitment on 0044(1)565 626754 or 0044(0)7854 576318 or apply direct to email@example.com
Toxicology, ecotoxicology, mammalian toxicology, chemicals, specialty chemicals, technical, DABT, petrochemical, epidemiology, Toxicology Manager, Toxicology Advisor, testing, toxicity, SDS’s, Additives, South East, UK, Product Stewardship, EHS
Eleven Recruitment has been recruiting within the lubricants and additives sector since 1999. We work with major oil companies, lubricant, additives and chemical manufacturers and independent blenders. We specialise in the recruitment of R&D, manufacturing, formulation, sales and marketing, operations, commercial, technical and engineering professionals across the UK and Europe.
Eleven Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK.