We have a new opportunity with a large international trade company for a Trade Finance Officer to join the team in London.
- Actively help building up an independent trade finance function.
- Enhance the day-to-day operation of the trade finance function and improve the efficiency/effectiveness of the department and carrying out their implementation.
- Maintain bank relationships.
- Handling of all trade finance issues when required, this will often involve liaising with existing trade finance and operations teams.
- Export /Import Letter of credit /guarantee wording negotiation with counterparties
- Review Import/Export Letter of credit /guaratee draft against last UCP/EUCP/ISBP to ensure they are workable
- Document presentation review under the Documentary letter of credit
- Provide treasury department with information as required to produce cash flow forecast and help to source the best competitive funding costs
- Liaising with Banks to raise financing for deals/projects and delivering an efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Ensuring data on in-house systems is accurately input/maintained.
- Bank/Financing Relationships.
- Assist in other duties from time to time as reasonably required by the company.
- Degree - level education or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Business Management or related field
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working in a trade finance /structured trade finance operation middle or back office from a major bank.
- Comprehensive knowledge of latest UCP/ISBP &URDG758
- Experience of putting together long-term financing agreements (i.e. borrowing base, syndicated facilities etc) with major players/banks
- Ability to effectively prioritise work
- Approachable with a demonstrable willingness & flexibility to support the Company as and when required