Our client is a leading integrated energy company with activities in exploration, production, transportation, refining, trading and marketing of crude oil and petrochemical products and natural gas.
The trading of crude and products is centered in the London office, with other trading personnel in Singapore and Houston. The role, under the supervision of the team Manager, will be responsible for contributing to the development and execution of the light products trading strategy.
The job holder is responsible for and takes part in:
- Trading of physical oil products (naphtha and/or gasoline) and associated derivatives;
- Managing price risk exposure on the trading book;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with trading counterparties;
- Negotiating term and spot contracts with producers, refiners and traders;
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the light oil products market and energy markets in general;
- Devising proprietary trading strategies, both on physical and derivatives
- Liaise with Refining and Marketing to optimise the supply of feedstock and the sale of products;
- Liaise with Petrochemical to optimise the supply of feedstock and the sale of products;
- Liaise with Shipping for the chartering of shipping, on spot or term basis;
- Provide analytical assessments to support trading decisions.
- Coaching junior members of the team
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis within an agreed strategy to generate value.
- Ensure that the oil production of the upstream affiliates is sold to the best buyer;
- Locate and acquire optimal feedstock for refining and petrochemical system;
- Locate and sell the refining and petrochemical system products to the best buyer;
- Be able to develop an asset backed trading strategy wherever client runs productions/assets
- Provide insight and support to the development of the long-term light products trading strategy.
Maintain regular communication with products traders in Houston and Singapore to identify and execute arbitrage opportunities;
- Develop and execute physical and financial light products trading strategies;
- Build and maintain key relationships with other trading companies, refiners, petrochemicals and producers;
- Develop and present analysis to management to support future trading positions;
- Track and communicate the developments in the market and relevant market intelligence, including supply and demand balances and competitor activities to other traders of the team;