Our market leading client is looking for a Vetting Superintendent. The role is responsible for vessel clearance, owner assessment, inspection, including attendance on board were deemed necessary..
The role is London based with potentially minimal travel overseas. The role will have regular contact with overseas offices.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform vetting and clearance activities, including assessment, screening and clearance of vessels chartered by client
- Upgrade clients vetting criteria together with other offices’ vetting team.
- Conduct evaluation of vessel owner/technical manager, STS contractor to determine their conformance with relevant standards and their suitability for use by the client.
- Setup clients Marine Assurance System
- Monitor the ongoing performance of time charter partner.
- Coordinate with clients other offices’ vetting team to improve the safety level.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Educated to degree level or degree level qualification
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written, spoken communication skills
- Experience as Master/Chief Officer or Chief Engineer/ 2nd Engineer on board crude oil tankers
- Knowledge of OCIMF including SIRE,TMSA criteria
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques
- The ability to identify and deliver business change in complex and challenging environment