Excellent Vice President - Power Marketer role with a top tier price risk management and energy trading company. You will be marketing Gas, Power & related Energy Derivatives to clients and managing ongoing relationships. While the role will initially be based in London, the successful candidate will be expected to transfer to our EU company when appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initially focused on Financial Power, build and manage a portfolio of clients in order to achieve revenue targets agreed with Line Manager
- Working closely with the Head of Power and Gas, provide support and guidance to the group’s existing marketing team in the area of Gas and Power markets, helping to service existing internal and external client flow and develop new commercially viable client relationships
- Co-ordinate client credit, KYC and documentation processes
- Ensure that internal credit and compliance guidelines are adhered to
- Accurate execution of customer transactions
- Accurate and timely reconfirmation of transactions to customers by email
- Compliance with any regulatory requirements needed to perform main duties & responsibilities including holding or obtaining appropriate regulatory certification
- Meet an individual revenue target (Power, Gas, Emissions and Oil) and assist the team in achieving a team target for financial gas and power.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of commodity derivatives
- Excellent Excel and numeracy skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take initiative, anticipate and work around challenges in order to achieve excellent results
- Patience – European power is a new market for the company
- A second European language is likely to be an advantage.
- Desire to work as part of a team, share expertise and mutually support colleagues
- A successful track record of European Gas and Power derivative marketing
- Thorough understanding of financial and physical European power markets
- Likely to be able to demonstrate specific regional expertise within Europe
- Transferable client relationships
- Educated to degree level or appropriate experience