2 months ago
Excellent opportunity for an experienced demurrage analyst with strong negotiation and claims management skills to join a well established oil trading company.
This London-based role involves both contract and charter party demurrage and the incumbent will assist the Demurrage Manager and act as a deputy when required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in crude, products and LPG demurrage in an energy trading & shipping environment with a reputable Oil & Gas trading company.
• Contract Demurrage: Issue, negotiate settlement and recover receivable contract demurrage claims always within time bar deadlines. Defend and negotiate contract demurrage claims payable.
• Charter Party Demurrage: Receive, defend and settle charter party demurrage and other claims.
• Co-operate closely with all other departments, department, where advice on terms relating to lay time and demurrage is required. Good advice is essential to reduce the company’s exposure at source in contract terms.
• Maintain updated demurrage reports. Reviews same and coordinates closely with trading/ shipping to identify and recommend changes to process and or operations which would assist the company PITL to reduce financial exposure and make efficiencies.
• Maintain accurate database entries of all payable and receivable claims. Ensure that accuracy and completeness of demurrage P&L data is entered and maintained into ‘IMOS’ software.
• Prepare and present financial monthly report for line management as required. Content to include refinery monthly reports identifying root cause analysis and time line report.
• Educated to minimum A-Level standard. Graduates preferred.
• Some relevant professional education/ training after School/ University will be preferred.
• Basic Computer Skills.
• 3 or more years’ experience as a Demurrage Analyst in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Experience in crude, products and LPG demurrage in an energy trading & shipping environment with a reputable Oil & Gas trading company.
Other essential attributes:
You should be able to demonstrate or have a proven track record encompassing the following key foundation skills :
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team to achieve results but also work autonomously.
• Ability to analyze data with a high level attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong negotiation and claims management skills.
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
• A positive and proactive approach.
If you believe this opportunity fits with your background and career goals and are interested in applying please contact Peter Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly below.