We have a new strategic Global Head of Sales role, ideal for a highly entrepreneurial and experienced global derivatives sales and commodities expert.
This opportunity, potentially based at the Danish head office, is a new appointment due to continued growth and expansion, giving scope to build on the existing client base and infrastructure as well as identifying new opportunities for growth.
As the Global Head of Sales you will direct operational and strategic objectives across the derivative sales business on a global and cross commodity basis. We are looking for an individual with at least 15 years experience who could excel in this key role which will report directly to the company CEO and CFO.
Our client is a leading provider of customised hedging solutions for the management of price risk on fuel expenses across Shipping, Aviation, Oil supply and Industrial customers. Combining in-depth knowledge of the oil market, finance and transport, they help clients protect their margins from the risk posed by notoriously volatile fuel prices.
The company is part of a group which has coverage into 31 countries worldwide, which in itself is part of a global group of companies with a combined turnover in excess of US$11 billion.
The business has a strong presence in the European and APAC fuels markets, trading significant volumes with existing clients whilst on-boarding many new clients each year. Each regional office currently has a hierarchy throughout the front, middle and back office functions.
As the Global Head of Sales (GHS), the desired candidate will direct operational and strategic objectives across the derivative sales business on a global and cross commodity basis; the role is potentially to be based from the Danish Head Office, although there is some flexibility provided a minimum of 3-4 days/week are spent in the Head Office when he/she is not travelling.
He/she will identify new business niches and ways to make a positive difference to new and existing clients. He/she will be comfortable operating in a fast paced and ever changing environment. The chosen person will have an entrepreneurial mind set, be open to regular international travel and be capable of motivating regional directors to deliver commercial and strategic objectives.
The regional offices are currently located in Denmark, France, Singapore and potentially the Middle East (most likely Dubai in 2020).
Products (current and planned):
Oil, Gas, Power, Coal, Emissions
Clients: Airline, Marine, Industrial, Commercial with scope to develop.
Geography Current: Scandinavia, UK, Europe, Mid East & Asia Geography Planned: Deeper EMEA, USA, further APAC
- Group sales for company derivatives products
- Strategic and Operational involvement
- Align all Sales teams delivering the company plans for growth, client targets, segments, geographical expansion
- Integral part of goal/target setting with CEO & CFO
- Work with CEO & CFO in maintaining control of growth and risk limit management
- Motivation of teams and individuals across Asia and European offices
- Leadership, coaching and development of both the business and teams
- Hands-on involvement in all aspects of office operations, business development, client on- boarding, credit management, legal, compliance, relationship management.
- Identifying opportunities for growth globally
We are searching for a candidate who will be able to communicate a corporate message at all levels. This person will need the ability to input to and deliver upon an agreed business plan whilst also showing an entrepreneurial mind set to fuel a pipeline for growth.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Ability to absorb significant amounts of information and prioritise key tasks
- Structured and Organised
- Communicator & Motivator
- Decision maker
- Comfortable with extensive travel schedule
- Commercial mindset
- International business experience
- Internationally cultured
Contact Richard Tregarthen for more details.