Are you a technical specialist in lubricants with a background in formulation chemistry who also has people management experience? Would you like to join a global company for a role based in Sweden as their Product Quality and Technical Services (PQ&TS) Manager?
This position offers the opportunity to join a dynamic team of experts in their field who operate globally.
About the role:
This is a challenging and cross-functional role reporting to the Technical Director. You will manage a team of 20 (including 5 direct reports) and so technical and team management experience is critical.
You will be responsible for :
• Daily operations, managing productivity, output and effectiveness of the PQ&TS team
• The budget and fixed costs for your team
• Driving the performance of the team and managing any personnel, administrative or personal development of individuals
• Co-ordinating product quality activities, ensuring guidance and instructions are communicated around testing, handling, labelling and issue resolution
• Developing and maintaining technical databases used across the group
• Ensuring that the company’s inspection labs work to ISO Standards (ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and that the purchase and installation of equipment conforms to company procedures
• Co-ordination and management of Health & Safety regulations across inspection labs
About the ideal candidate:
This role is based in Sweden so you must be already living in that region or be in a position to relocate as the role is not home-based
• Have lubricants experience, ideally you’ll be from a downstream oil production or manufacturing background (downstream refinery would be ideal)
• Have experience in quality or technical management
• Understand the process for testing, releasing and managing the quality of oil based products
• Be familiar with regulations, standards and compliance associated with the production and manufacturing of oil based products (including ISO standards)
• Have proven experience in managing a busy and high performing team – ideally you will have done this both face to face and remotely
Get in touch:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing and successful team. The role offers a highly competitive basic pay and benefits - support for relocation and sponsorship could be available for the right candidate
If you would like to know more about the role contact Lucinda Eyre on 07854 576318 or email your CV to email@example.com