We are currently looking for a German-speaking Supply Analyst to join the aviation team of a leading oil and energy business.
This London-based role has a broad scope of responsibilities related to bulk fuel supply operations, logistics and scheduling of fuel and fuel-related services. You will also responsible for the day to day hedging of physical position.
Advanced written and spoken German is essential, previous oil operations or supply chain experience would be advantageous.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inventory Management & Scheduling – actively manage and schedule the Company’s fuel inventories to ensure optimal inventory balances. Ensure correct and ratable scheduling of fuel deliveries into inventory, including interfacing with IntoPlane Agents, suppliers and service providers
- Pipeline Scheduling & Truck Dispatch – schedule and monitor both pipeline and truck deliveries into various inventory locations. Develop an optimal blend of supply based on current or new supply options
- Bulk Transaction Processing and Administration: ensure timely and accurate bulk transaction entry, verification and processing including payments and receivables
- Supply & Market Analytics – help perform on-going analysis of supply and demand patterns in inventory locations of responsibility to ensure optimal supply blend. Gain understanding of fuel supply and logistics options and pricing (ie. pipeline, truck, storage) and perform analysis related to the same
- Creation of weekly CXL haulage nominations for both Self Supply locations and GA locations
- Daily liaison with haulage companies and sites regarding missed loads/delivery issues, liaising with the operator for that location
- Development and analysis of quarterly KPIs for current haulage contracts to ensure they are meeting their contractual requirements
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- A desire to work within the field of supply chain management and the commodities industry is essential
- Strong English & German written and oral communication skills are essential
- Analytical ability and strong numerical skills are essential
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential
- Strong problem solving skills are essential
- Being a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills is important
- Fluent additional language speaking and writing skills are desirable
- Knowledge of hedging and price risk management process is desirable
- Supply chain management experience, gained within an oil provider, is desirable but not essential