We are looking for a Biofuels Trading Analyst with a strong continuous improvement mindset to join an international oil and gas company based in Brussels.
The role focuses on providing analysis of markets, trading performance, and risk/derivatives to the Trading Teams and Trading Management to enhance uplift from trading activities.
- Key trading commercial resource to drive opportunity identification and capture and risk mitigation/control
- Recommend trading opportunities via arbitrage analysis, tracking of specific commodity movements, import/exports, trade flow analysis, and blending opportunities
- Provide economic analysis for opportunity evaluation and capture learnings from missed opportunities.
- Performing quantitative and qualitative assessments of the market environment.
- Support derivatives trading and policy with analysis of new and existing usage of derivative instruments.
- Power-user of strategic tools that support trading activities: data systems, bespoke analytical tools, Reuters Eikon, SAP
- Contribute to special projects, strategy studies, and new market entries.
- Complete analysis and reporting for trading performance.
- Support annual plan development.
- Liaison between Headquarters and Global Trading Offices
- Support Trading Management on ad-hoc business issues
- Knowledge of global oil products markets and refining processes
- Solid demonstrable analytical experience working with refined products at an oil major, trading house or consulting
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis
- Ability to forecast and assess impact of business decisions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multi-national and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership paired with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to make recommendations based on analysis
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates experience in effective two-way communication with internal and external customers (oral, written, presentation, listening).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong drive and motivation; strong continuous improvement mindset
- Solid proficiency in the use of computers. Use of database programs, Python, Matlab, C++ is an asset
- Able to work with diverse group of individuals; effectively manages external relationships
- Promotes productive impact across organizations; seeks value-added improvements in the supply chain